Body Balance Academy carries the traditional lineage of the ancient arts of Tai Chi, Kung Fu and Yoga, making them accessible to all.
Our programs can help everyone achieve the benefits of lifelong health, regardless of age or fitness level.
We are located upstairs at 151 Mill Street in historic downtown Grass Valley.
Tien Shan Pai
Our lineage includes the internal and external martial arts of Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Xing Yi, Ba Gua and also Taoist meditation.
Supreme Master Wang Chueh-Jen
- Supreme Master, 63rd Generation Tien Shan Pai
- “Double Broadsword King” of China
- Member, First Professor/Research Class of Central Kuoshu Academy
Grandmaster Huang, Chien-Liang
- President, The World Kuoshu Federation (TWKSF)
- Vice President, International Chinese Kuoshu Federation (ICKF)
- President, United States Chinese Kuoshu Federation (USCKF)
- 1986-2000 – Head Coach of the US Kuoshu National Team
Master Pat Hancock
- World ranked master instructor with more than thirty years Tai Chi and Kung Fu experience.
- 1996 gold medallist in international Kung Fu competition.
- 1986 bronze medallist at the World Kung Fu Championship in Taiwan.
- Master Pat Hancock’s Body Balance has been featured on Channel 9’s Capital Edition , Washingtonian Magazine and Tai Chi Magazine.
- Consultant to the National Institute of Health for stress management.
Shih Fu Eileen Hancock
- Founder of Body Balance Academy 2003
- BA in Psychology with an emphasis in Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Lifelong Health Consultant
- World ranked Kung Fu and Tai Chi practitioner
- Disciple to the Tien Shan Pai system
- Internationally Certified Judge and Referee for Kung Fu and Tai Chi
- 1996 Gold Medalist US International Kuoshu Championship
- International Demo Team and Competition Coach
Learn more at the Tien Shan Pai Association website.